Monday 4 October 2010

Use of colour and line weight in digital illustration



Some great visual referance. I actually own this T- shirt and its an awesome example of crisp digital illustration translated into colour separated screen printing. The design is from the Disturbia clothing website. (which is great for nasty illustration on tees.)

This image and others in the same visual approach are making me think about how I can use line weight and colourways/tints to achieve a very high impact and high detail look, which will translate well into print - possibly high end print for publication at that.

This shirt is 4 colours not including stock, and uses a multitude of line weights. I know that the illustrations featured on disturbia are all digital because I have a shirt and a postcard with the same image on, both at the same image quality, making it pretty obvious the images are vector lead. Which is perfect, because I've just bought a wacom tablet - Anyone would think I planned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment