Sunday 3 October 2010

Every Day Astrology - Designed by Always With Honour


Everyday Astrology by Gary Goldschneider, designed by Always with honour. This is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I thought of simple iconographic visuals working across a publication. As AWH show here, shape is really iportant when producing a pictogram. An image can be built up of shapes, can be one simple but well crafted shape, or a mixture of the two using negative space as well as filled colour areas.

I like the way the pictograms have been considered, but also how they have actually been applied on the page. Cover, and top corner of page. It works well, possibly the icons themselves could have been tightened a little but other than that this publication is pretty great. Well done AWH!

I'm going to develop some deep sea creature pictograms after looking at some imagery I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment