Sunday 24 October 2010

Book Design - "Wabi Sabi"







This is one of my favourite books at the moment - "Wabi Sabi is the quintessential japanese aesthetic. It is beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incompete. It is a beauty of things modest and humble. It is a beauty of things unconventional". Its got good content, but what makes this book for me is the stocks its on, the fact that it is all printed in greyscale except for the cover,  and the actual book design of the columns and paragraphs is really easy and comfortable to read. I like the full bleed Image idea which is used throughout the book too.  This is something I have been looking at and was helping me to make decisions about stock and printing process whilst having to deal with a budget. The book shows for me that you dont have to spend big bucks on something to realise it to a point of perfection - as long as the content and function leads a book, the look of it will follow and be totally apropriate to what the book actually is.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Found the link to that video for the underwater sea orchestra, although you probably have blogged it by now.

    http://vimeo.com/10659105

    ReplyDelete