Saturday 23 October 2010

Reuben Rude




Reuben rude is one of my favourite artists at the moment, not for any conceptual reasons, just simply because of how he puts lines down on a given surface. His eye for it seems quite similar to mine, only difference being, this guy is absolutely shit hot at it. He works the same way in painting as I try to work digitally. The way he makes a character look using thick lines that run off into a sharp point is really effective, and then he further enhances this using alot of colours for fills or an overprint feel. In time, if I ever get the time to do a painting, I would love to explore the technique thats done here. I mean, it can be done in other ways, Morning breath are almost a digital equivalent only with more typographic insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment