Sunday 3 October 2010

Nobrow publication - Research for Book Fair.



What a lovely publication! Picked it up in OK Comics yesterday for £8.00. It's issue one. Its so nice how they have dealt with limitations here, it obviously cuts down costs using three colours. Its helping me think about how I can produce my publication for the book fair, and what limitations I could use to simplify print production methods and help me keep to a smaller budget. The look of the cover is also making want to screen print my front covers. Cheap, easy and handsome print!



I thought this image was a really strange coincedence, Seen as how my publication is about deep sea fish... Helped me to get a really clear idea of how what I'm starting could potentially look. This issue of Nobrow is full of great, engaging illustration, all with a uniform colour scheme.


The book also has all the illustrators names and contact details in the back. Maybe t would be worth contacting some of these people...!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone from the course reads this entry, and would like to have a look at Nobrow issue1 just let me know and I'll bring it in.

    ReplyDelete