Tuesday 11 May 2010

Drunk Punk



Drunk punk has done some amazing album and record sleeve design. "The Gift of Gab" looks really really good. Obviously has a space theme with referance to the ancient civilizations, but the imagery is really inspired, and well executed - I imagine producing images like this to a very high standard is not easy, but I am thinking about using imagery in my record/CD design and I do want to use a set colour scheme, like DP has used red and black as his main colours here, I want to use three greens and a black. I would love to get my hands on some green vinyl to really enhance my design, but I am having trouble sourcing a dark green vinyl record. With the Gift of gab design, it is easy to see how this design could be used across a website, on flyers and a range of promotional material like business cards. I wanted to post this up because its a really consistant design and the colour uniformity is working really well.

The future punk album is another photoshopped piece which is based on imagery that I think was recorded by the designer, comprised of engines, industrial material and landscapes. I think there is alot going on here in terms of how much type is on the cover, but I think it does work. He uses simple type that is uniform, but at different scales.

The Mike Monday album is very fun and colourful, with some amazing illustrative work on it, I would love to produce some illustrative work for this brief, but It doesnt fit with the design direction I have been going down, As I have been focusing on type and layout mostly throughout the design stages of my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment