Wednesday 10 February 2010

My chosen films



Moon is predicted to be a future cult classic. made by david bowie's son. the feel of this film is slow and like an unfolding of events which lead to a disturbing truth.



This is such an iconic opening scene I just wanted to post this on here, as I couldnt find a trailer for it that was any good.



ALIEN. Such an iconic film. I want the feel of ambience and then a shock fast movement in my idents because that is ultimately the feel of this film, there is something very disturbing about alien. It's probably because Geiger was the resident artist.



This film is such a dark horse. I could never have guessed where this film leads. Such a brilliant film - I dont care about hwat people say about nicholas cage. "What happens when the numbers run out" is the strapline for this film, and I want to play on that and use the fact that this film is such a mystery in my idents.



Inspired by "alive in Joberg" Worth a watch. I want use the fact that people dont understand the creatures and represent that in a visual way. I think pictograms are the best way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment