Wednesday 10 February 2010

context



the halftone effect ( even if that is just because this video is extremely low res) Is something I would like to include in my visuals because it sort of gives the appearance of low quality but can still look really good if done correctly. Because the sci fi channels idents are quite obscure, I would be doing an injustice to make really clean and polished slick looking graphics. I think This idea fits with the whole fallout3/mgs computer interface idea too. In terms of context, i dont think this ad works because there is nothing to do with sci fi except the logo actually int the ad.




Here is a slick one that I found, I'm not really keen and dont have the know how or software to make something like this at my disposal. This ad shows that young contempory sci fi lovers are obviously part of the demographic, and these are the people I am mostly catering for with my selection of old and new sci fi cult classics "other intelligences".




This is much more like what I am aiming to create. Edgy, jumpy sound stabs which lead to intervals of ambient sound and image. To replicate this kind of feel I would have to play with speed, blurs, scale and soundtracks in after effects. This sort of add will obviously appeal to alot of people because it plays on all the right aspects of what sci fi really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment