Tuesday 6 October 2009

Starting the "what is good?" Brief

I want to impart a bit of background as to why I picked meditation to research about. Over the summer I looked into "meditation" out of interest to see whether it did have the calming effect evryone goes on about, so yeah basically learnt about it for a few months and now practise basic meditation methods in everday life... and its nothing like you imagine - sat cross legged shouting "OHM". Its just little techniques you can learn to help chill and gain clarity in life.

Heres a short list of the sort of things I want to research into:

Falun gong in china
What is considered a meditation
How to do it
How its considered in society
How it effects everyday people - e.g, enlightened buisnesses.
"New age teachers" e.g Eckhart Tolle.
"Consciousness shifts" <>

I think there is alot to go on with this as a research subject and it will quite quickly gather a momentum of its own because at this stage in my life it is an interest just like music or art is. I'll post up more findings after some delving.

No comments:

Post a Comment